Utilizing our experience selling Boston real estate, we've compiled a list of 10 Tips to Prep Your Home to Sell to assist sellers prior listing their condo for sale, or home for sale. Hopefully this will help maximize your Boston condo sale price, or single family home sale price.
1. De-clutter your home or condo, and put away toys, clothing, dishes, etc.
2. Rent a storage unit. For $100/Month+/-, you can remove winter/summer clothes, shoes, furniture or any extra stuff. The more clean and organized your home shows, the more storage and space it looks like you have.
3. Clear the bathroom and kitchen counter tops of all clutter
4. Hide trash cans whether inside or out
5. Replace any light bulbs that are out.
6. Remove any decorations or magnets that are on the fridge.
7. If there are any small items that need painting, caulking or repair, fix them prior to putting your place on the market.
8. If you own a house, mow the lawn, rake the leaves, and shovel the snow in the driveway and walkways. You want the house to look well maintained.
9. If you have pets, have your home cleaned to eliminate any smell, and put away all pet food, dog bowl, litter box, etc.
10. Hire a real estate professional from Terrier Real Estate!